Applications Available to Participate in ORTIi
The Oregon Department of Education is pleased to announce that applications to participate in the Oregon Response to Instruction and Intervention (ORTIi) initiative in the areas of Middle School Literacy Cadre 2 and Elementary Math Cadre 2, beginning in the fall of 2018-19, are now available. The application deadline, for both, is 11:59 PM, May 25, 2018.
The Oregon Response to Instruction and Intervention (ORTIi) initiative has supported districts across the state with the implementation of evidenced-based, Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) in literacy since the Fall of 2005, and has a proven history of effectiveness. ORTIi expanded its scope in 2015-16 when it began supporting districts in the areas of middle school literacy and elementary math. Since 2005, ORTIi has provided training and technical assistance to over 100 school districts in Oregon.
The goals of the ORTIi initiative include:
- Facilitate the implementation of MTSS that is consistent with the work of other ODE offices and initiatives.
- Increase the percentage of students meeting benchmark in reading and math.
- Decrease the percentage of students at high-risk for reading and math failure.
- Close the achievement gap that exists between historically underserved student groups.
- Increase the percentage of students accurately identified as having Specific Learning Disabilities.